Good news for Holland, good news for you!

Home Car Insurance Coverage Cover and Accessories

Which cover to choose for a car insurance?

Choosing the right car insurance is more than just comparing premiums. In the event of a claim, it makes a big difference which cover you have chosen. It may have been some time ago that you took out your car insurance. As a result, the insurance you took out at the time may no longer be appropriate for your car. Maybe you have too much coverage compared to the current value of the car. The current market value is calculated based on a number of factors, such as the catalogue value, the mileage and the age of the car.

Different types of cover

There are three standard types of cover for car insurance:

Which cover suits my car?

Third-party insurance

Third-party insurance is mandatory for every car owner. Third Party Insurance is often chosen for cars that are 10 years old or older, but even for these cars it can sometimes be better to choose a more extensive coverage. This insurance only offers coverage for liability damages. The insurer therefore compensates damage caused to others. Damage to your own car is not covered by your own insurer.

accessories coverage

WA limited hull insurance

The WA limited hull insurance offers a broader coverage than the standard WA insurance. Besides damage caused to others, there is also coverage for a number of damages described in the policy conditions, namely:

  • Collision with stray animals
  • Hail and storm damage
  • Lightning damage
  • Fire and explosion
  • Window breakage
  • Theft and damage due to attempted theft

The WA limited casco is often chosen for cars from 6 to 10 years old. The damages that are claimed on the limited casco part of the insurance do not affect the damage free years. This is also the case with the all-risk insurance.

Take out car insurance? Calculate the premium!

All-risk insurance

For new cars up to about 6 years old, often the most extensive coverage is chosen, namely the car insurance with all-risk coverage. With this coverage the damage to your own car by collisions is also compensated by your own insurer. Vandalism damage is also insured with the all-risk cover.

Changing your car insurance cover

Do you want to change the coverage of your car insurance? You can easily arrange this yourself via the online contact form.

Additional accessories are not insured as standard

All parts which are supplied as standard by the factory are covered. The value of these accessories is then already included in the catalogue value and falls within the cover. A navigation system that is factory fitted, as a fixed part of the car, is therefore covered.

Later installed accessories such as special wheels or an expensive music system are usually not covered by the standard coverage. You will have to insure these accessories separately.

Do you want to insure extra accessories?

Do you want to insure your extra accessories or do you want to know what your current insured amount for accessories is? You can find this in the policy conditions.

Compare premiums online for cheap car insurance!

Now with free recovery service
  • To calculate premiums, we need the zip code of the primary driver. For private use, the youngest driver must reside at the same address as the applicant. In case of business use, you can enter the postal code of the company here.

We can be reached via Chat, Whatsapp, phone or email

Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more.
We are here Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 18:00.

get in touch