800,000+ customers
27 locations
92% recommend us
building insurance
Home De Vereende building insurance

De Vereende building insurance

High package discount possible

Online premium indication

Quick online premium indication

Always acceptance

You will always receive a proposal from The Vereende

Quick coverage possible

After payment via Ideal fast coverage

Clear, transparent & honest advice for more than 110 years

For more than 800,000 clients, we provide clear, transparent & honest advice.
Based on 3343 reviews 92% recommend us.

We always have opportunities

"Our goal is to place you with a regular insurance company. We also succeed in many cases. If it is not possible, we cooperate with De Vereende."

photo Laura van Maarschalkerweerd

Laura - Property and Casualty Insurance Expert

For years expert in property and casualty insurance

Background expert photo Laura van Maarschalkerweerd
Background image

All about De Vereende home insurance

With De Vereende Opstalverzekering you insure the damage to your house and its immovable goods (goods that cannot be moved, i.e. are fixed). Think for instance of a built-in kitchen and a shed or fence belonging to the house.

What is the insured amount with De Vereende Opstalverzekering?

The building insurance is usually determined on the basis of the reinstatement value. The reinstatement value is the amount that is necessary to build a comparable new house at the same location. The reinstatement value is calculated by multiplying the volume of the house (m³) by the reinstatement value per cubic metre.

Are foundations included in the insurance?

It is often asked whether the foundations should be included in the insurance. The foundations are the parts of the building under the lowest floor that the house is built on. Foundations do not fall under the concept of a house and should therefore be insured separately if desired. We recommend that you do so because it is a considerable cost item if the foundations are damaged, for example by an explosion.

What different types of coverages?

The building insurance usually includes 4 types of coverage, namely:

  • Fire cover. This is the most limited insurance.
  • Comprehensive cover (UGV).
  • The UGV+.
  • The all-risk cover. This is the most comprehensive cover.

This coverage pays for damage caused by fire, lightning, storm (wind force 7 or more), water damage, burglary, vandalism and collision.

Is building insurance mandatory?

In principle, building insurance is not compulsory. However, if you own a home with a mortgage, the bank generally requires buildings insurance.

De Vereende intermediary

Alpina is an intermediary of De Vereende. This means that with us you can take out insurance with De Vereende.

Can you apply for Vereende Property insurance online?

It is possible to apply online for building insurance with De Vereende. We advise you to use our comparison module where you see the results of the regular companies. You choose the company you like and complete the application by filling in all questions truthfully. There is a chance that the company can still accept you at the regular rate. Should this not be the case, we will send you a proposal for De Vereende.
Please note that an insurance with De Vereende can only take effect after you have paid the first premium AND after you have returned the signed application form. You will receive the application form from us by e-mail.

Do you have several Vereende insurance policies?

There are different types of insurance offered by De Vereende, namely:

  • De Vereende car insurance. This insurance will always be accepted, but the premium is higher than for a regular car insurance.
  • De Vereende Liability Insurance With De Vereende's liability insurance you are insured against damage you accidentally cause to another person or another person's property.
  • De Vereende contents insurance. This insurance covers all moveable property (items in the house that can be moved) that belongs to your private household.
  • De Vereende motorbike insurance. This insurance covers the risk that you cause damage to others with your motorbike; you can also insure damage to your own motorbike.
  • De Vereende building insurance. With this insurance you insure damage to your house and the immovable goods belonging to it (goods in the house that cannot be moved, i.e. are earth- and nailproof).
  • De Vereende scooter insurance. With the De Vereende scooter insurance you insure the risk of your scooter causing damage to others. Besides, you can also insure your own scooter against for example damage or theft.
  • De Vereende taxi insurance. This insurance offers coverage throughout the Netherlands, including the major cities.

We can be reached via Chat, Whatsapp, phone or email

Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more.
We are here Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 18:00.

get in touch