800,000+ customers
27 locations
92% recommend us

What is out-of-home coverage?

With an exterior cover, your belongings can be insured against unexpected and sudden damage and theft. This cover is for items that are actually meant to be used outside, such as a video camera, sports equipment, a camera, a tablet.

outdoor coverage

Is an exterior cover standard on my household insurance?

Sometimes this coverage is included in the contents insurance. However, as more and more portable electronic items are sold, we see that insurers are increasingly offering this as an extra option. In that case, this coverage can only be insured at an additional premium.

Exclusions may always apply, so it is always a good idea to read the conditions and clauses carefully when comparing insurance policies. Mobile phones, for example, may be excluded. In addition, the coverage area is important: does the coverage only apply to the Netherlands or worldwide? All this kind of information can be found in the conditions.

Contract contents insurance? Calculate your premium!

What about theft from my car?

Not all insurers offer coverage for theft from the car under the exterior cover. If they do, an increased excess usually applies. It must also be possible to prove break-in. You can read about this in the conditions of the insurance in question. Of course, our staff can also inform you about this.

How can I calculate and compare the premium for contents insurance?

Through our website you can easily calculate the premium of a household insurance. You can also contact our staff by phone for this purpose.
Keep in mind that we need information about your home and contents and that you have it ready. You can also compare and take out your other home insurance policies, such as buildings insurance and liability insurance, at alpina.nl.

How do I apply for contents insurance?

Via www.alpina.nl you can easily apply for contents insurance yourself. You can also contact our staff by telephone for this purpose.

If you actually want to apply for contents insurance, always mention any particularities (e.g. insurance cancelled by the insurer in the past, CIS registration, etc.) so that we can submit the application directly to the right insurer for you. In case of such peculiarities, most insurers will not be able to insure you. In that case, however, we can request a no-obligation quotation for the household effects (and other insurances) from De Vereende. This insurer has a broader acceptance policy and in principle accepts everyone, even if, for example, you have defaulted on payment in the past. Condition is that you pay the first 3 months in advance. You can only take out insurance with De Vereende through an intermediary.

Calculate the premium for your household insurance directly

Now with free recovery service

We can be reached via Chat, Whatsapp, phone or email

Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more.
We are here Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 18:00.

get in touch